Open Humanities Grant
OPEN CALL FOR INNOVATIVE HUMANITIES PROJECTS!
Open Humanities Grant – $8,000-$10,000
This grant funds projects intended to bring the humanities disciplines to the people of Washington, DC through our shared history and our shared future. The program encourages creativity and open interpretation, but projects funded by an Open Humanities Grant must meet all of the requirements listed in the documentation below and occur during the grant period (April 17, 2018 – April 17, 2019)
Check our events page for upcoming grants workshops and webinars!
Examples of Past Grant Projects:
- 2011 – Sadiki Africa Experience – by Lydia Curtis and Karen Daniels
- 2011 – Superheroes of Ward 1: Virginia Ali – by People’s Production House
- 2009 – Generations of Go-Go Trailer – by Keisha Dene’ Mitchell
- 2008 – Anacostia Exposed – by Mervyn Smith
- 2008 – Ira Blount: the Common Threads that Bind – by Beverly Lindsay-Johnson
- 2005 – Ready to Play – by Jennifer Crescenzo
- 2005 – Shepherd Park Past and Present – by Walter Gottlieb
- 2003 – The March of the Bonus Army – by Robert Uth and Glenn Marcus
- 2000 – Rhythm Rhyme and Life: Spoken Word and the Oral Tradition – by David Kehinde Chaytor
Additional Application and Reporting Info:
- Sample Open Humanities Grant Application
- Application Budget Sheet (.xlsx) – Must be uploaded with your online application
- Workshop Powerpoint (.pptx)
- [gview file=”https://www.wdchumanities.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/2017-Open-Grant-Cycle-PPT-lch-1.pptx”]
- Grant Conditions (.pdf)
- Final Report Packet (.doc) – Includes all necessary reporting forms.
- Humanities DC Logos