Open Humanities Grant
OPEN CALL FOR INNOVATIVE HUMANITIES PROJECTS!
Learn more about these programs and how to apply below!
Open Humanities Grant – $5,000-$15,000 – Application Due First Friday in March – Download Sample Application.
This grant funds projects intended to bring the humanities disciplines to the people of Washington, DC. The program encourages creativity and open interpretation, but projects funded by an Open Humanities Grant must meet all of the requirements listed in the documentation below. The review process for Open Humanities Grants takes place throughout March, and awards are announced in April. For the first time, we do not require preliminary proposals. Check our events page for upcoming grants workshops and webinars!
Examples of Past Grant Projects:
- 2011 – Sadiki Africa Experience – by Lydia Curtis and Karen Daniels
- 2011 – Superheroes of Ward 1: Virginia Ali – by People’s Production House
- 2009 – Generations of Go-Go Trailer – by Keisha Dene’ Mitchell
- 2008 – Anacostia Exposed – by Mervyn Smith
- 2008 – Ira Blount: the Common Threads that Bind – by Beverly Lindsay-Johnson
- 2005 – Ready to Play – by Jennifer Crescenzo
- 2005 – Shepherd Park Past and Present – by Walter Gottlieb
- 2003 – The March of the Bonus Army – by Robert Uth and Glenn Marcus
- 2000 – Rhythm Rhyme and Life: Spoken Word and the Oral Tradition – by David Kehinde Chaytor
Additional Application and Reporting Info:
- Sample Open Humanities Grant Application
- Application Budget Sheet (.xlsx) – Must be uploaded with your online application
- Workshop Powerpoint (.pptx)
- Grant Conditions (.pdf)
- Final Report Packet (.doc) – Includes all necessary reporting forms.
- Humanities DC Logos