Humanities Project Funding
Humanities project funding has been the cornerstone of HumanitiesDC’s activities since its founding in 1980. HumanitiesDC awards dozens of grants each year for exciting public humanities projects! We are grateful to our partners at the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities for their generous support of our grantmaking programs. All grantees must either be a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, or must find a 501(c)3 non-profit sponsoring organization.
Perhaps the most important questions to consider before applying for a grant from the Humanities Council are:
- Is my project directly related to a humanities discipline?
- Will my project benefit the people of Washington, DC?
- What final product will my project produce that will be of continued use to researchers and students?
Click on one of the grant funding opportunities below for more information.
- Open Humanities Grants
- DC Community Heritage Project Grants
- Soul of the City Grants
- Who’s a Washingtonian? Grants
Grants Quick Forms and Guides:
- Sample Open Humanities Grant Application
- Grant Application
- Grants Workshop Powerpoint
- DCCHP Grants Workshop Powerpoint
- Grant Conditions
- DCCHP Grant Conditions
- Budget Sheet
- Final Report Packet
Application and Reporting Webinars: